Friday, January 14, 2011

Understanding The Codes Used In HID Lights

Well, I do not know how HID lights can serve me but I set out on a hunt for them, only
because most of my neighbors have got them for their cars, so I didn’t want to be spared
out of the list. But the real confusion started with me, when I got into a store to buy
them. It seemed to me as if the retailers use some sort of code for these lights like
the55w 1600k or an h1 or h7 bulb. I could not decide to buy any of them as I didn’t know
which would be the best for my car. I got my work done with the assistance of one of my
friends.
I am sure that I am not the only victim of such confusions; there must be other people who
may not be having any idea about these lights. So, I have decided to place this piece here.

To start with these I would like to tell you that HID stands for high intensity discharge
and HID lights mean bulbs that are capable of discharging highly intense light. These light
are many times brighter than ordinary bulbs and with this feature of theirs, they have made
the night driving harmless and less traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment