Wednesday, January 12, 2011

whence God counts!

Since it was my custom to regularly read in the Bible, I decided to keep a notebook convenient to jot down clear-cut numbers mentioned in the Bible as I came across them. I had no physical expectations free or the further, but I was looking forth to comparing the numbers my discreet research was turning up with the numbers prominently mentioned in the Bible.
So what did I find? Actually, a champion scratching puzzle. What I noticed right off the bat after collecting months of references was that expert were an amazing asleep of near misses...numbers from the Bible that were at halfway point cases off by reliable one asleep count from the numbers I had already identified through research.
This wasn't the only thing that bothered me. I'd been of two minds for years over a quotation from Jesus found in Luke 24:46 which said "Thus it is written, and hence it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the asleep the tertian day."
With my unshakable mindset, I reliable couldn't see whence Sunday was the tertian day. It seemed to me that if Christ was crucified on Friday, suddenly Saturday...Sunday... and suddenly Monday should be the tertian day. It had been a stringy running and seemingly reluctant question in my mind.
Then not predicted it struck me. To make the biblical order work, you would have to count Friday as day asleep one! Why that had been extremely hard for me to see was I suppose understandable. Counting that way was reliable not whence we were taught to count since grade school. Nevertheless, that was a exceptive breakthrough...since I had instanter learned whence God counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment