Friday, April 22, 2011

It’s tough when you do that

The NBA belongs to cruel stepmothers, not Cinderellas. The league doesn’t celebrate your accomplishments before you got there, rarely even gives you a chance to look back and appreciate them.
It does take a break on the night of the NCAA championship, though, even if the endless routine of arena-bus-flight doesn’t stop cheap designer sunglasses. So it was that the year after leading Butler to an unexpected run to the final game of the tournament, when he was playing in front of 70,000 people and the largest TV audience to watch a college basketball game in 11 years, Jazz rookie guard Gordon Hayward found himself alone in a Los Angeles hotel room, rooting for his old teammates against Connecticut Bvlgari Sunglasses.
“Man, it was tough watching my guys last night,” Hayward said of a game that featured epically futile shooting as his Bulldogs lost to the Huskies. “Glued to my TV set, all by myself. I was rooting for them so hard. I know it was tough to go all the way back. They had such a great run. I don’t think they played poorly, they just missed shots Police Sunglasses. It’s tough when you do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment